EuroStone™ Sustainable Ceiling Panel
PART 1 – GENERAL
Furnish and install EuroStone Sustainable Ceiling Panels and accessories by Empacomercio, S.A. de C.V.
- Section 09 22 26 – Suspension Systems
- Section 09 29 00 Gypsum Board
- Section 09 58 00 Integrated Ceiling Assemblies
- Section 13 42 00 Building Modules
- Section 13 48 00 – Sound, Vibration, and Seismic Control
- Section 23 50 00 – Central Heating Equipment
- Section 26 50 00 – Lighting
A. American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- C 177 Thermal Performance.
- C 635 Sound Absorption and Sound Absorption Coefficients.
- C 635 Metal Suspension Systems for Acoustical Tile and Lay-In Panel Ceilings.
- C 636 Installation of Metal Ceiling Suspension Systems.
- D 3273 Resistance to Growth of Mold.
- E 84 Surface Burning Characteristics.
- E 119 Fire Tests of Building Construction and Material.
- E 136 Behavior of Materials in a Vertical Tube Furnace at 750 degrees C.
- E 580 Application of Ceiling Suspension systems for Acoustical Tile and Lay-in Panels in Areas Requiring Seismic Restraint.
- E 1264 Classification for Acoustical Ceiling Products.
- E 1414 Airborne Sound Attenuation Between Rooms Sharing a Common Ceiling Plenum.
- E 1477 Luminous Reflectance Factor of Acoustical Materials.
B. Cornell University Study Results. Effects of Man-Made Mineral Fibers in Settled Dust on Sick Building Syndrome in Air Conditioned Offices.
C. U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC).
D. City of New York Building Code. Section 27.348 (Uplift Test).
- Product data: Manufacturers standard data sheets listing dimensions and details.
- Samples: Manufacturers standard samples including suspension, panels and colors.
- Shop Drawings: Reflected ceiling plan and elevation drawings indicating ceiling layouts, dimensions and perimeter conditions.
1.05 Quality Assurance
- Surface Burning Characteristics tested per ASTM E84: Flame Spread: 0; Smoke Developed: 0; Fuel Contributed: 0
- Fuel Emission Characteristics: B.T.U.: 0; Ignition: 0; Mass Loss 0.4% (exposed to heat flux 20 minutes)
- Fire Resistance Ratings tested per ASTM E119: 1 hour (CMC/FCA 60-03, 04, 06)
- Mold Resistance Rating tested per ASTM D3273: Rated 10 (0 mold growth on both front and back sides).
- Combustion Toxicity Rating – University of Pittsburgh test: 0 with 250 grams of material in the test chamber; Non-toxic; Non-lethal.
1.06 Project Conditions
- Environmental Requirements
- Panels do not require special environmental conditions and may be installed at any stage of construction.
- Verify weather tightness of area prior to installation.
- Wet trades work to be thoroughly dry and complete prior to installation.
- Deliver materials in manufacturer’s original packaging, unopened and undamaged.
- Store materials in an enclosed dry location at room temperature and protect from soiling and direct sunlight.
- Panels will be warranted by manufacturer to remain dimensionally stable up to 120°F and 100% RH for the lifetime (defined as 40 years) of the building. Warranted to be free of man-made mineral fibers, toxic chemicals, asbestos or formaldehyde; organic content and chemical inhibitors. Warranted to be free of compositions contributive to Sick Building Syndrome.
- Furnish additional material equal to